Mattress Pads: Mattress Pads not only add comfort and support to your mattress, but also can protect against stains and provide a barrier against dust mites and bacteria. Here are some different types of mattress pads to consider when you are next in the market.
- Cotton: Cotton pads are generally thin, quilted, machine washable and are naturally hypoallergenic. They are comfortable and also the least expensive variety.
- Memory foam: Memory foam’s ability to form to your body reduces nighttime movements. These pads are generally light weight, but not very breathable, which can mean increased body temperature. This is also typically the most expensive variety.
- Latex: Latex, like memory foam, forms to the body and can improve sleep. While it may provide less support than memory foam, it breathes more easily, helping with keep temperature down. Latex is also durable long-lasting, and typically hypo-allergenic, and can be either synthetic or natural.
- Feather/Down: Also called feather beds, these pads made of feathers and down from ducks or geese, provide excellent added cushioning. Although they need to be shaken regularly to maintain shape, these pads breath easily to keep you cool during your sleep.
- Wool: Wool pads are naturally resistant to dust mites, bacteria and other allergens, and are also extremely adaptable to temperature, keeping you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Pads with lamb wool are typically softer than those made with alpaca wool, however alpaca wool retains shape and lasts for years, so often times a combination is optimal.
- Polyurethane: Waterproof urethane pads allow for heat transfer, are quiet, wash & dry easily, and last longer. They are typically in the higher price range.
- Vinyl: Another waterproof pad material, vinyl is less breathable, can be hot to sleep on, and take more time to dry, but are also more cost efficient.
- PEVA: A non-chlorinated form of vinyl, PEVA is another waterproof plastic found in some mattress protectors. It is typically priced in between Polyurethane and Vinyl, and may lie more on the cheaper side.
Quick Zip, we reinvented the fitted sheet to make your life easier and your nights more restful. Try us out and you’ll never go back.